Monday, January 28, 2013

New Year, Same Challenge.

Alright so last year I kinda fell behind on blogging and reading. I hit 50 movies, but on the book front, I only got to 24. So this year I am going to be more on top of it, and keep my blogs short because I think I was overthinking it. So as its basically the end of January I will recap what I have done so far this month:

Movies:

1. Looper - So I watched this movie. Not really a fan. It was too weird and it ended without really explaining itself, and nothing bothers me more than that. I love all the actors in this movie though, Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and even Emily Blunt. But not too strong of a plot for me.

2. Zero Dark Thirty - Bradley basically dragged me to this movie. I was not looking to see it, its another movie cashing in on the 9/11 situation. It had an interesting story, but still it was more sad to see how we torture each other, all people, and I still don't feel like it has mad much of a difference.



Books:

1. The Falls of Giants - Loved this book! It made historical fiction fun to read! The plot at times seemed to be too coincidental for the characters to keep running into each others, but it didn't bother me too much to take away from the overall story. Very epically long, but I liked it. As I read it made me reflect back to my high school History class and the events that led up to World War I.

2. Cloud Atlas - One of the oddest books I have ever read. I think the main thing you are supposed to take away from this is that coporations will lead to the world's demise if we don't reign in control. The different stories that came up did not seem to make sense nor tie in to one another, until you finally get halfway through the book. Then it slightly makes more sense, but I would not recommend it, to be honest. I felt I had to finish the book to make sense of it all, but I didn't want to. And I still don't feel that I have a strong grasp on what the heck it was I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment